4oD Issue

This is for discussions that don't really fit into the other sections

4oD Issue

Postby bendipa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:47 pm

There doesn't seem to be a forum other than fo iplayer troubles, so I thought this might be the best place to post my problem. I sometimes watch programmes on 4oD, when something interesting comes along that I missed. I've never had a problem watching 4oD pprogrammes until now.

Up to 2 weeks ago I could watch Homeland on 4oD without any problem. Now I can no longer watch the current episode nor even watch older episodes that I could previoudsly do and which are still shown as available. The adverts leading up to recent episodes stream ok, but when the show starts I get the error message "the rights to this asset have expired".. So far other 4oD shows I've tried play with no problem. Anyone else finding the same problem with Homeland?

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/homeland/4od
bendipa

Re: 4oD Issue

Postby orsonbuggy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:22 am

If you google "problem 4oD Homeland" (without the ""), you'll find some info there.
orsonbuggy

Postby matt » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi bendipa,
All episodes seem to be playing ok for me at the moment from the link you posted.

Are you still getting the error?
matt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby bendipa » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:17 pm

I'm afraid the problem's still ongoing for me. I emailed Channel 4 two days ago, and they replied today and admitted there is an issue with a few programmes which they are trying to fix at the moment. Only Homeland is not working so far for me so far on 4oD.
bendipa

Postby irishstreamer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:28 am

Are you in the UK or Ireland?
If you are then you should be able to watch.
Are you using Chrome or Safari ?

There are issues with Adobe DRM sometimes when Flash is auto-updated with these 2 browsers.
Try using Firefox or IE if you can. If not I can tell you how to clear the Adobe DRM and get it working again.

Hope this helps
irishstreamer

Postby bendipa » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:24 am

I'm in the UK, and as I mentioned I used to watch this on 4oD without a problem. However with Ep 11 this has played without any issue, but all previous eps available still will not run - just getting the same "the rights to this asset have expired" message, or alternatively with a couple of eps the adverts first play then Homeland appears to run but there is no sound or picture. Just to repeat I have not so far had any problem with other 4oD shows.

I use browser SeaMonkey, but I also have Firefox and IE where the same issue occurs Here's an example of what haooens. (See attachment)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bendipa

Postby wigglylines » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:17 pm

I suspect there is an issue with calling some procedures in Adobe Flash Player and Catchup 4OD. Up until episode 10 I could play all episodes under Windows 2000 but episode 11
gives "the rights to this have expired". However episode 11 does run under Windows XP. I have to assume that other persons suffering from this malfunction are
running XP or greater therefore I have to presume that Channel 4OD and some versions of Flash Player are not longer fully compatible. I shall further investigate.
wigglylines

Postby peterjohn » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm also having problems playing "Homeland". Ads will play and then a blank screen. Other programmes play fine. Tried on both Firefox and Safari but no luck!
peterjohn

Postby homelandfan » Tue May 01, 2012 12:02 am

Just to add that me too cant get4oD Homeland episodes to play on my macbook. I've suffered those interminable show adverts 10 times but still haven.t managed to catch up on Episode 11. other channel 4 catchups seem to work ok.
homelandfan

Postby wigglylines » Tue May 01, 2012 1:12 pm

It would be interesting to know how what Operating System and what version of Flash Player people are using.
For those using XP are later, try right clicking on the Homeland Screen and try altering your Flash Player Global
and local settings.
wigglylines

Next

Return to General Discussion